I have been serious about blogging for almost a year now and my most requested articles are about getting to know more about me. I often try to stay private & professional but I am going to do a “Get to Know Me” Blogging challenge, so here are 101 things about me (Pt. 1!)
1. My full name is Ashley Roxanne Peterson.
2. I was born in Orange County California.
3. I was raised as a military dependent so we moved a lot over my childhood.
4. I have two younger sisters. Caitlin who is a genius, loves art, and is in law school. & my angel Taylor.
5. I love Alabama football – I have been a fan before Shula so I have been RTR for life!
6. My daddy is Alabama and my mom is from Lousiana (sound familiar?). My mom is Creole too!
7. I love Gumbo & Boudin (in the parking lot!)
8. I have a boyfriend of almost 2 years who is in medical school also.
9. I love to travel. I have been to over 18 countries now and I try to travel twice a year.
10. I love SUVs. Any car that is high off the ground is safe with me!
11. I am a fashionista, I love putting together outfits. In another life I was called to be a stylist.
12. But mostly I love thrift shopping or consignment shops. I love a good deal. I get a trill seeing how low I can get the prices!
13. I’m not a very good cook. I burn a lot of food and make more nasty dishes than I want to admit. I’m trying to improve. It’s a vice but my boyfriend cooks a lot so I’m satisfied!
14. I love mentoring – it’s my favorite activity. Similarly, I’m a typical medical student cliche and my favorite hobby is volunteering.
15. I love soccer! Watching the USA team win the Women’s World Cup was like therapy to me. I played soccer for 10 years and as a 13 year old I started on my HS’s varsity team. I still wonder how far my soccer skills could have taken me.
16. My parents are my heros. I am full of cliches but this one I stick by – I am a clone of my mom’s personality mixed with my dad’s sweetness. I owe everything to them!
17. Growing up I never got to play video games only computer games so I used to hack them and cheat my way through by learning coding. I swore I was going to be a Computer Science major. Since then I have loss that genius somewhere!
18. I graduated highschool at 15 and started medical school at 19. Everyone often asks me “How did you do that”? I can really only say my parents forced education upon us – it was the top priority! I never felt pressured to do anything though – it all seemed fun, which is funny because I now study more than 10 hours a day. In the summers we would still do homework or go to educational summer camps. Our parents taught us “work hard play hard”!
19. For years I was afraid of the dark and sleep with the bathroom light on. I still do sometimes. I’m suprisingly not overtly afraid of spiders, bugs, mice, or snakes. I just exercising normal caution, but put me in a dark room and I will sweat!
20. I’m actually more of a tomboy than a girly girl. I have always had more male friends than female by default.
21. I’m not a fan of cucumber, watermelon (actually any melon), sweet tea, tomatoes, or honey mustard. Not really sure why.
22. Waffle House is the perfect place to take me for date night. Yes yes yes. Or take me to the movies and order a Large buttered popcorn – I will love you forever.
23. Primary care all of the way! I’m open minded though.
24. I graduated from UNC Charlotte in North Carolina.
25. Hershey Sundaw Pies = therapy.
Overall I feel blessed to be me. Look out for part 2!